Thursday, October 05, 2006

We interrupt our regular scheduled programming to bring you....

DIAPERS!!!!
I sewed my first two diapers today, and I think I actually did alright! They are newborn size that I will keep closed with a Snappi. I had a good time figuring out how to do this. I used two layers of flannel with two layers of terry cloth in the middle, all 100% cotton. The first diaper I used a straight stitch to sew the right sides together then turned it inside out, the second diaper, I figured out how to use the overcast stitch on my sewing machine so I could eliminate a step. The edges are a little more wavy with the second method, I think because the fabric has some stretch to it and as I sewed, I was stretching the fabric causing it to give it that funky edge. Oh well. I didn't have a baby on hand to try the diaper on, so I drafted my 25 yr old bear, Peachy. He was very embarassed that he had to wear a diaper, being that he IS 25 years old, but he just kept his mouth shut and indulged my whims. Ignore the sewing pins I used to hold the diaper closed, obviously I won't be using those on Robby :)Note the sweater Peachy is wearing, I think I knitted that thing for him 15 years ago. Awwwwwwww...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is so awesome! I came over from viewing the Yarn Spot photos on Crazy Aunt Purl. You have a great blog! I am off to read more about your spinning. Yarn looks really great!