Tuesday, October 10, 2006

North Korea - Children of the Secret State

North Korea - Children of the Secret State


Watch this video, and if you are interested in finding out more, check out the following sites:
Amnesty International
Liberty in North Korea
North Korea Freedom Coalition

The sad thing for me is that because North Korea's government is so closed, it's impossible to directly help the people with food, adopting children, etc.. Right now, it's down to hoping the government is replaced and the country opens up. I don't know much about the history, but I'm trying to educate myself to see what the historical context is for the current situation. I've got a really good book that I started reading on the topic. As a first generation Korean American living in the US, I'm so thankful and blessed with family, friends, and prosperity. I know my grandma and my parents had to live through the Japanese occupation and the Korean War, thank goodness they are here in the US and have been able to make a good life for themselves.

No comments: