I have achieved a milestone in my blogging, I got tagged for the 8 random things meme, AND by two people! From Rachel Ann, and from Beth! Ok, I've thought long and hard about this one.
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I am a one handed yoyo expert. Back in college, I worked at a yoyo store in Chattanooga, TN called Yo Mamma, (i'm serious), and at a yoyo/kite store on the Huntington Beach, CA pier. I can do all kinds of tricks, and even went to Hawaii with a group of kids from HB to the World Yoyo Championships. I totally choked in our group performance. No matter how awesome my Brain Twister or Atom Smasher is, the one trick I get the most requests for is Rock the Baby and Walk the Dog. I have a special yoyo case with a foam insert for about 15 yoyos, the holes are all filled up. One time, while I was yoyoing on the pier, it was getting dark, and while doing a Shoot the Moon, I smacked myself in the face, good thing the yoyo was rubber. Oh yeah, the Smothers Brother's? AWESOME.
2. I taught myself how to knit as a little girl living in the Bronx. I taught myself out of library books, and it took forever for me to understand how to do it. I just found out a few years ago, I was actually knitting through the back loops.
3. I have weird cravings for canned meat, SPAM, vienna sausages, corned beef hash, sardines. I don't often indulge in those cravings, because it's so bad for you, but every once in a while, I make me some SPAM fried rice.
4. I went to college and got a degree in electrical engineering, I didn't get very good grades, but I am working in my field doing 3D modeling on the compooter. I was inspired to get this degree by the light show at a U2 concert I went to my freshman year of college. Turns out, real engineering isn't quite that glamorous, sigh... It did pay off, I was able to wire every dang receptacle and light in our last house.
5. My favorite TV show of all time is I Love Lucy, I think I've seen every episode, and know all kinds of weird trivia about the show.
6. I LOVE garlic, raw, roasted, fried, baked, pickled, I love it. When my husband and I were dating I went home to visit my family and ate so much Korean food, when I came back, he said he could smell the gsrlic oozing from my pores. Good thing he likes garlic too.
7. I gained 50 lbs while pregnant with Robby. When Rob had to help me out of chairs, he had to plant his feet and get a goood grip. I have since lost the weight and can fit into my old jeans. Anybody know a cure for stretch marks?
8. I watched the Bachelor finale last night, this is the first Bachelor I've actually watched all the way through, I was rooting for Tessa. This is the most embarassing random fact I think.
I tag anyone who reads this blog and wants to participate!