Friday, March 02, 2007

Booty-licious

No, not THAT kind of booty, I'm talking about my LYS's Clearance Sale booty. For the red and orange Blue Sky Alpaca, I'm thinking of some kind of dainty cardigan, or a short sleeved sweater, or maybe a striped v-neck??For, the Classic AL, I have a trusty crochet hat that looks kind of like a 20's flapper hat that has been very popular with my family for Christmas gifts. I think I'll make one or two, and post the pattern. Maybe a long, cabled, belted cardigan? This was a Vivian Hoxbro kit, I'm going to use the yarn for some kind of yoke cardigan or sweater, I would like to try out the steeking thing, the yarn is 100% shetland wool, so it would be perfect for it.More GOA just in case I don't have enough to finish my Rebecca sweater.This is the only thing I've bought besides the GOA that I had a specific pattern in mind. I think this will knit up quick and be nice for the spring and summer. It was 3.75 a ball, you can't beat that with a stick!Paradoxically, these additions to my stash have reinspired me to get my existing projects out the door to make room for the new projects. I've always wanted to design my own knitwear, so this is a good opportunity to continue what I started with Rob's Banana Republic Sweater. So, I'm determined to finish my Rebecca sweater and all the other stuff I've got laying around the house. So, maybe I went a little (ok a LOT) overboard, but I've been good and saved my allowance! Plus, I figure all the money I'm saving breastfeeding and cloth diapering, why the heck not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello dear,

you are really clever lady

factually your baby is lucky because he has mother like you

I think that when I'll have baby I'll be totaly busy, so how could you find time to do this great things?

www.ferdawsian.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! What a haul! Can't wait to see what you knit with all of this.