Friday, September 22, 2006

Presents for Robby Cubed

So, last night Rob and I were discussing, actually, Rob was listening patiently as I showed off my handspun that I had just wound into a center pull ball and my musings on whether to dye it and what to make of it. A hat..a sweater... I just wasn't inspired. I was a little nervous about knitting up my handspun, it's not very consistent and I was afraid it would look sloppy. Anyway, so this morning, Rob and I had this conversation.... WARNING - if you are allergic to cuteness, you may want to skip the following.

Rob: (out of the blue) i think you should make a bear out of that yarn
Bea: what yarn?
Rob: the stuff you spun
Bea: why a bear?
Rob: what else? a hat that he will grow out of, a sweater, that he will grow out of... but if he had a bear that his mom made from wool fibers with stitching on the eyes :) we can give it to him for his first christmas. and tell him it was his first christmas present ever. we should name the bear... robert pronounced in french...spell it robear

I was so overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of this suggestion, I informed Rob that i was going to HAVE to blog on this topic and so I'm off on a new project, to make a Robear for Robby Cubed to love on till he has another Robby to the Fourth Power.

And so I begin to turn this
into this

The pattern is from Erika Knight's Simple Knits for Cherished Babies. It's a very lovely book with simple, classic patterns in an easy to read, abbreviation lite format.

No comments: