Friday, November 17, 2006

Endless Baby Blanket Finished!

Finally! I started this blanket about a month after I found out we were pregnant, and it's taken me this long to get through 7 strips and endless rows of garter stitch and endless yarn tails to sew in. I'm very happy with the results, it looks and feels great! I used Mission Falls Superwash Wool, I don't even know how many balls I've used...and I don't think I want to know.The back looks ok too, I may sew a fleece back onto it, like the yarn ladies did for the blanket they made for me.But for now, I think I will just enjoy the fact I finished a knitting project, lately it seems like I just start things and never finish them. I have a secret project for a friend I need to finish, and I have some more sewing I need to do, including a daddy sling for Rob to hold Robby in. Only 3 weeks left till Robby's official due date. I'm looking forward to lots of yummy food for Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Allen said...

Looks good.

Anonymous said...

Ok Bea....Question I know your about to deliver but isn't there anything you do ever BESIDES mess with yarn? I think between you and my cat if its that fascinating, I must be missing something.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, beautiful blanket, Bea. The one below as well. Wow, that is one pampered baby! They'll have 2 really beautiful heirloom blankets!

- MJ