Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Nesting Induced Breakdown and the Cure

Yesterday I got a fire under my butt to start getting our office ready for Robby's arrival. About halfway into the process, with dust everywhere, dirty dishes in the sink, books up to my ears, yarn, fabric scraps and other items, all over the place I kind of freaked out. Well, after I got everything cleaned up, I got ready to go to my Monday Night knit night at my LYS for some yarn group therapy and knitting. I walked in, and the ladies had planned a surprise baby shower for me! I was so surprised and moved, they went through a ton of effort and made me the most beautiful blanket. Each lady knitted a special square and sewed it together and put a soft fleece back on it. Needless to say, I about started bawling again because I was so amazed by the thoughtfulness of the gift. I also got some other very useful lovely items that I've really been needing, but the blanket was the centerpiece (along with the chocolate/vanilla cake :)). Robear and Pooh love the blankie and are patiently waiting to keep Robby company on it. When I first met all the ladies at the yarn shop, I never knew I would end up having so many good friends and experience so much love, laughter, and friendship. Thanks so much to all my friends at the yarn store from me, Rob, and Robby!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I had one of those nesting induced breakdowns last night. I didn't have a shower to cheer me up, but Allen did clean the tub which greatly eased my craziness.

Anonymous said...

This blanket is beautiful.
I was able to get logged into the family website and saw that you have a blog. So, here I am. Leaving my print.
Stay healthy and say "hi" to Robby and Rob. :-)

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful, what a special gift. I'm glad you had something to cheer you up.

Cassy said...

Last night was the best time I've had at knit club. I hope we can be good friends in the future because everyone at the store talks about how great you are all the time. The group is full of love.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! A surprise shower is one of the nicest things an expectant mom could get. :-)

Cassy said...

The yarn on the wrist warmers is good ol' Lamb's Pride Bulky and the pattern is from Speed Knitting. So easy and fast. I made a set during my two classes today, while still being able to participate and debate at the same time. I put the pattern on one of Carrie's (Covered in yarn) comments if you want it and don't want to buy the book. Peace and knitting...

Cassy said...

Unfortunately my husband is an XS/S. But that's okay. I could try to do the math. I'll figure it out from the guage or something. Or learn calculus...whatever.